Academy of Interactive Entertainment Student Handbook
AIE Student Handbook
Rights and Responsibilities
As an AIE student, you have rights and responsibilities and your attention is drawn particularly to the following:
You Have the Right:
- To a course of study that meets current educational standards of presentation, content and organisation
- To have your work assessed against the prescribed criteria, in a manner that is prompt and helpful
- To be treated with respect, in a non-discriminatory way
- To appeal against any assessment and on any grievance
- To have your personal information secured from all but those authorised to access it
- To information which will assist you to choose and manage your study program
- To accurate information about assessment requirements and criteria
- To a safe work environment
- To a positive and helpful learning environment
- To have access to academic and personal counselling
- To have your work assessed and feedback provided as quickly as possible
- To be kept informed of teacher availability for consultation or any other matter that affects your study. Teachers can be available through face-to-face contact either in class or by appointment. Refer to your Course Guide for further information.
- To be given information about assessment requirements and due dates by the end of second week of study.
It’s Your Responsibility:
- To establish the place of your study amongst your personal priorities
- To self evaluate your work before you submit it
- To treat others with respect
- To raise and discuss issues which affect the good management of your study program
- To respect the personal information of others
- To accept a high degree of responsibility for the management of your own learning
- To familiarise yourself with the assessment requirements and criteria and to seek clarification where necessary
- To ensure that the work you submit for assessment is your own work
- To adhere to occupational health and safety regulations
- To contribute constructively to the learning of others
- To take good care of your work environment and equipment
- To adhere to all regulations and agreements regarding non-disclosure, network and intellectual property.
- To ensure that your tuition fees are paid on time according to your invoice and/or repayment contract.
- To familiarise yourself with the policies and procedures contained within this Student Handbook.
- To make sure you check your emails, intranet and bulletin boards for information which may affect you.